The Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) offers a series of Policy Briefs designed to provide a quick introduction to basic tax policy ideas that are important to understanding current debates at the state and federal level. Over the coming months, ITEP will be releasing updated and new Briefs weekly to help inform taxpayers, lawmakers and the media.
This week, be sure to check out the following updated briefs:
- Sales Tax Holidays: Boon or Boondoggle?
- Options for Progressive Sales Tax Relief
- How Can States Collect Taxes Owed on Internet Sales?
- Should Sales Taxes Apply to Services?
- Rewarding Work Through the Earned Income Tax Credit